Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter

I haven't done a lot for Easter in the past but this year I decided, very last minute, to kick it up a notch. Abby is getting old enough to really enjoy it and Lilly is also old enough to enjoy some parts of it, mainly the candy and new little toys to play with.
So, after inviting over the family that lives close by (aka in the same state) I took the girls on a shopping trip to Winco (love that store) for supplies and I mentally prepared myself to make Easter dinner for the first time. In the four and a half years we have been married, we have always had Easter dinner at someone else's house. For some reason I have always been intimidated by cooking a ham. Feel free to laugh.... I know it's illogical, especially since I can cook a whole chicken and de-bone it, no problem.
We ended up trying out two new recipes and they were delicious! We had Baked bone-in-ham with dipping sauceFuneral Potatoes, jello salad, rolls and chocolate Easter cupcakes. Everything turned out beautifully!
Dinner was followed by an Easter egg hunt in the backyard to compensate for the Easter egg hunt that I took the girls too at BYU on Saturday that was a total bust. Even the teenage boys had a good time!
The best part of the day was being able to spend time with family! My parents came, one of my many brothers and his wife and three teenage sons, and a sister-in-law and her daughter all came(we were sad that my brother, her husband, had to work and couldn't come with them, but happy that they came).  Abby was so excited to see everyone, it was like Christmas for her. Lilly was initially terrified with all these people that she isn't super familiar with but eventually she warmed up to them.

Waiting until after church to take pictures makes a for some cranky little girls who won't hold still.

Adorable Lilly

Lilly is stylin' her necklace for the Easter egg hunt

Abby getting some help from her Uncle, cousin, and grandma to reach the egg hidden on the roof of the garage.


 Abby is having a blast!



No comments:

Post a Comment