Sunday, August 29, 2010

Gingerbread!

I made this gingerbread cabin a few years ago and just found the pictures again and I was super excited so ya'all get to see them! I have been making gingerbread houses for many years, it's something that my mom and I enjoyed doing together when I was growing up. With this particular house, realistic looking was my goal. Everything on the tray is edible, from the chimney down the sugar water stream with floating "ice" chunks. Imagine that the door is broken and standing open because a bear scared away the people while they were roasting marchmallows outside because he wanted to hibernate inside....yup..that's what MUST have happened!
Now, the only question is...what kind of gingerbread creation should I do this year?

5 comments:

  1. THAT'S AMAZING!!! Best ginger bread house I have ever seen!! Well done!
    -Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice! you should make a beautiful snow covered mansion, complete with a pond for people to iceskate on!!! sorry thats waht popped into my head when you asked what you should make this year.... hmmm probably retorical :) anyway. very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's made of poured sugar that you can dye to whatever color you want it to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! I remember your stories of Gingerbread houses, and how you start in October to get a jump on the season. Love this and love you!

    ReplyDelete