Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sneakiness...

Have you ever done something and felt so extremely sneaky that you wanted to tell everyone about it, but then it would cancel out the sneaky things you did? Well, that's how I felt Monday and yesterday.
I've been looking for a specific decorating tip for the cake class I'm taking in March with another girl in my ward. The only way to buy said tip without ordering it online (and paying 3 times what it costs in shipping fees) is to buy the whole cupcake decorating kit. So, that's okay except that when I went to buy it last week at michaels with my 50% off coupon they were completely out! I already knew that Hobby Lobby doesn't carry it. So, I tried Roberts Craft and Walmart. Roberts was out and Walmart doesn't carry it. I start to get a little desperate and so I tried Joann's on Monday and I found a stray cupcake kit sitting in the midst of a completely different display but it appeared to be the only one in the store. Now, I had a Michaels coupon for 40% off that I wanted to use at Joann's but it wasn't active until yesterday (Tuesday). So, what do I do? I hide the cupcake kit behind other stuff on the bottom shelf of the cake area. Yesterday I drop by Joanns and calmly dig the kit out from the very back of the bottom shelf behind the large boxes of cake decorating supplies where I hid it and pay for it with my coupon. I felt extremely sneaky and thrifty and wanted to share with everyone I saw in Joanns but I didn't think that would go so well....

1 comment:

  1. oooo very sneaky! good job! it totally payed off for you.

    ReplyDelete