Saturday, January 28, 2012

Will we ever be moved in?

For those of you who were wondering, we have finally purchased and moved into the house we were looking at. It was a long drawn out infuriating process but we loved the house, flaws and all, and so we stuck with it. It has been such a nice change to have enough space to store everything we own. There is even room for the kayaks so they aren't hanging on the wall in Abby's room anymore. When people told me how long it would take to get moved in I didn't really believe them but I am starting to. I though it would only take a few weeks but it's been about three weeks and being all moved in and knowing where things are is still way off on the horizon.
We ended up purchasing a house built in 1929. The basement is mostly unfinished but there is a cold storage room with shelves which is turning out to be a nice pantry/food storage room.
Despite being so close to our old apartment we are in a different ward. If the house was on the other side of the street we would have stayed in the same ward.  This our third ward in the same stake! Ironically, an old mission companion of mine bought a house a few blocks from us and they are in a completely different stake! Welcome to Provo I suppose.
I am looking forward to being all moved in eventually and getting all set up in the basement with office/study space for scott and craft/sewing space for me! It will be so nice to be able to leave out a project that is being worked on and not have to put it away every time. Maybe I will get more things done since I won't have to take the time to set everything up every time I want to work on it.
We are looking forward to having a housewarming party once we feel a little more settled and we are excited to see all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment