Saturday, January 28, 2012

Double Trouble

I feel like I am the mother of twins. Starting the beginning of January when BYU started a new semester I began watching a little boy who is two months younger than Abby. My friend is a teacher and so the baby comes over to play during the day while his mom is teaching and his dad is in class. I have gained a lot of respect for mothers who have twins. It is double the work! It seems like when one has a dirty diaper the other one also has one at the same time! When one cries, the other one cries. It has been really nice for Abby to have a friend to play with during the day besides me. They communicate in baby code. Whenever they are in different rooms they start jabbering as loud as they can and the other baby responds and starts looking for them. Abby is a very proficient walker and her running skills are looking good. The little boy has mastered the army crawl and he is quick! He can usually make it through the living room, kitchen and hallway and into Abby's room where I'm changing her diaper before I have gotten her clothes back on.

 Some days Abby is quite maternal towards him. A couple weeks ago she kept trying to "blow" his nose. She hears us blow our noses and so she will take a tissue or a baby wipe and rub it across her nose and make the noise she thinks  we are making when we blow our nose. It's pretty cute to watch.







1 comment:

  1. Haha I love this post :)
    My kids feed off eachothers emotions all the time!

    ReplyDelete