Thursday, March 8, 2012

Shots

There are some things that I never understood until I became a parent. There is nothing like having to hold my little girl still while she gets her blood drawn and her immunizations given and see her look in my eyes pleading for me to just hold her close and keep her from hurting. Being the one who has to "know what's best" is hard when it hurts your child. I just had to keep reminding myself that it is for the best and will protect her future. Days like today make it hit home how much I love my little girl!
And the sweet little thing got her first sucker from the nurse after her shots were over. It took her a few minutes to warm up to the idea but after I licked it a few times she tried it. She tasted it and walked over to the other side of the room and once the sweetness on her tongue registered she turned around and ran back to me for more. Super cute!! We needed to stop and do some grocery shopping on the way home and Abby was an angel in the store. Quite ironic that the day she's being poked and prodded and having needles stuck in her is the day that she sits in the buggy like an angel.
On an mostly unrelated note but somewhat related since it's about my little one, a few weeks ago Abby was pulling tupper-ware out of the bottom drawer in the kitchen.  The drawers are super deep and one tupper-ware was just out of reach and so she leaned as far as she could and then leaned a little bit more and her feet popped up in the air as she fell into the drawer! A moment of stunned silence was followed by a sad little whine  pleading for help. I couldn't help but laugh as we pulled her out of the drawer and wished I had caught it on camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment