Wednesday, April 18, 2012

March/April

The beginning of March marked the end of my babysitting days for a friend's baby. I have to confess that I have fallen in love with being a mom again since that time. It had become a challenge to find the joy in it every day while watching someone else's child along with my own. Abby and I have become closer than ever and my love of being a mother is back full force! (that doesn't mean I don't have frustrated days and nights still, but I think that will always happen)
Abby has been full of mischief lately. Earlier this week our next door neighbor poured concrete for a new fence between our properties. The next day it was still wet and Abby ran over, sat down in it and started digging her fingers into it. I found her as she tried to eat the concrete! I wish I had taken a picture but I just wanted to get her cleaned up and so I carried a screaming, struggling to stay outside, baby inside to the bathtub and she cleaned herself off.
This morning I went into the back of the house and came out to find an escape artist...


Shopping with Scott and Abby for fruit trees and strawberries at the nursery

 Abby loves emptying out my wallet and trying to put the cards back in the right slots.


We spent part of last week at my grandparents farm learning how to prune apples in their orchard. Now that we have fruit trees in our backyard I've got to learn fast! Abby and lucky(the dog) became fast friends.


Abby and her grandma (my mom) in the apple trees


The sprinklers were exactly the right height for a bench for Abby's little legs.



No comments:

Post a Comment