Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Where is she?

I had quite the shock this morning. After Abby got up and had breakfast I left her inside looking out the front screen door that I keep latched while I ran out in the back to water the strawberries and raspberries. I heard Abby jabbering very loudly at the cars driving by.  While in the back I had the impression to check on Abby. I brushed it off and it persisted so I filled a watering can and walked around the front of the house anticipating seeing Abby looking through the screen door while I watered the flower pots in front. Imagine my surprise when I came around the corner to see her sitting on the front steps with her cheetah sitting in her baby stroller next to her. My heart stopped as I realized what could have happened to her. The scenes that ran through my head were alarming. The road is so close and has been so tempting to her. What if I hadn't listened? What if she had been hit by a car? What if, what if, what if..... Of course the one time I forget the latch the screen door is the time that she tests her boundaries and goes out the door. Even now just thinking about makes my heart pound and makes me want to hold my Abby close and snuggle her.



On a similar note, Saturday was our ward spaghetti dinner fundraiser for girls camp. Right after we moved in Scott was called as the ward executive secretary and I was called as an advisor in the young womens. We went early to help setup for the dinner and Abby stayed pretty close to my side and never got lost. Right before the dinner started I got distracted helping get the food out into the cultural hall and when I glanced up Abby was gone! I checked the cultural hall and she wasn't there. I ran down the hall looking and grabbed Scott out of the clerks office to help me look. We looked and looked and couldn't find her. When I had almost given up, Scott found her drinking the water out of the toilet in the handicapped stall in the men's room.  The little stinker heard me call her name into the open doorway of the mens room and didn't say respond. I keep forgetting how fast she moves and can get away from me. So, glad that Scott found her(I could have done without the wet nasty clothes and the fear of what kind of diseases she could have gotten) but at least she was safe and in our arms! 

No comments:

Post a Comment