Monday, August 12, 2013

Hanks Reunion 2013 Part 1


About a year ago my mom asked if my sister Stephanie and I would plan a family reunion for my immediate family in the summer of 2013. After many months of planning, many phone calls, and a few extra pounds from the stress the reunion actually happened!
We rented a FANTASTIC place called The Harston Heartland Lodge. If you've never been there you are missing out!! There was plenty of room for our huge family and so many things to do that the kids stayed busy! It had been a long time since we had seen this much family and so this was a real treat to see those who could come! Hopefully at the next reunion everyone will be able to make it!

This is just a smattering of pictures from a few of the weeks highlights.

Each family had a different bandanna color and the kids were gracious enough to model them for us!


Our first night there happened to be my niece Rachel's birthday and so we had a party. The kids decorated hats, made balloon animals and had a great time.



 My sister Stephanie holding my cute little Lilly. Lilly was such a happy girl with her auntie Steph!



My mom and Lilly having a bonding moment!



We had a White Elephant gift exchange that was a bit of a riot! My grandparents and my aunt Michelle came for a day and got to join in on the fun and an early birthday party for my grandpa's 90th birthday.


My brother-in-law, Darren was nice enough to entertain Lilly while Scott was in charge of the White Elephant and I tried to relax a bit(in the background looking out the window).

Lilly spent most of the reunion being held by loving cousins and aunts and uncles who couldn't get enough of her! When she wasn't being held she loved playing with her toys and practicing her new skill of rolling over. Even while playing on the floor her cousins couldn't leave her alone! 

We roasted marshmallows in the firepit one night and had a blast.  

Abby enjoying her roasted marshmallow. 


Scott hanging out with my dad, watching the kids playing on the grass. 

Lilly playing on her mat on the grass after our family pictures. 



Abby sharing her candy with her cousin Emmeline. Would you guess that these two are almost the same age?


No comments:

Post a Comment