Monday, February 13, 2012

Only in Utah...

I had a good chuckle today. While the babies were sleeping I decided it was high time that I paid some bills over the phone, as they have been nagging at me in the back of my mind for about a week now. While on the phone with Abby's doctors office paying her bill the woman needed to know our address in order to make sure I really was Abigail's mother. After the bill was paid, she said, hhmm...I'm looking at your address and you live around the corner from me but I'm trying to figure out which house is yours. So, being cautious, I gave a very bland description that could have fit almost any house in the neighborhood. She then chimed in with a few more detailed questions about the house that showed she did know the neighborhood super well and then mentioned that she had known the previous owner (who has passed away) and that she had been her visiting teacher.  And then she said, WE ARE IN THE SAME WARD! Now, this is wonderful news as I am an active member of my ward congregation and need to make friends in the area but what if I hadn't even been a member? Only in Utah would you get comments like that over the phone from a complete stranger. It made me smile and chuckle to myself a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment