Thursday, February 2, 2012

Scott's quilt

Some of you may remember the "project" I was working on last  fall that took me about three months. It was a quilt for Scott's birthday that I finished the day before his birthday. I was worried I wouldn't get it done and it was a close call but I made it. So, here is the finished product. Not perfect by any means but definitely the most complicated blanket I've attempted. I can make clothes, but quilts are a little intimidating, I'm not sure why...


It's called a colorbrick quilt. I used the same blue flannel that is the sashing between the bricks on the back of the quilt because Scott really liked the idea of a flannel back when I made Abby's birthday quilt with a flannel back so it would soft against her skin. The instructions I found online were for a lap size blanket but I wanted to make it a twin size so Scott could use it for camping and road trips and such so I had to make some calculations and guesses but in the end I was pretty happy with it and he loved it so that's what really matters.

1 comment: