Saturday, September 29, 2012

Birthdays!

Birthdays change as you get older. This particular year  I knew that it would be especially different as Scott would be practically living at work all the week while they changed over the computer systems.

The Saturday before my birthday the wives of all the Bishopric members and clerks were "kidnapped" for a girls night out on the town without our kids or husbands. I got a creepy phone call like the ones from the movies where the computer voice gives you instructions on what to do. Later there was a knock at the door and a guy who looked vaguely familiar was standing there. He handed me an envelope, a piece of fabric and a piece of paper and told me that he had come by to see Scott and found these on my doorstep. Turns out he was there to watch Abby. I couldn't remember his name and was a little apprehensive about leaving my most precious possession  with a stranger. I finally asked his name and then he felt really bad about  not introducing himself. Anyways, it was a guy from the ward that I didn't recognize with casual clothes and a baseball hat on. He stayed with Abby while I tied on the blindfold and stood on the curb waiting for "my ride". While standing there I kept wondering what would happen if a police car drove by, "what would they think?" Anyways, they came and picked me up and after putting together all the puzzle pieces from out envelopes we figured out where we were headed for dinner. We got our next clue at dinner. We had to put together our clue that was written in braille. It told us to go to the Covey Center to see Wait Until Dark (it's about a blind woman, hence the braille). We had a wonderful time. It was so nice to have a break and some girl time!

When I got home I discovered that Scott had come home and decorated with balloons and streamers for my birthday! We celebrated my birthday and had Key Lime Pie, which I love!

Sunday we were able to go the the Dedication broadcast for the Brigham City Temple.It was a wonderful experience, there is something about the peace of the temple that you can feel even watching the dedication over satellite. Sunday night we went to my in-laws to have dinner and celebrate some more!! We always enjoy the time we get to spend with family. I got more balloons which made Abby super happy

On Tuesday my parents came down and took Abby and I to dinner at Texas Road House for my birthday. We had a wonderful time and Abby thoroughly enjoyed learning how to ride the escalators at the mall close by with her grandparents!

Wednesday was my actual birthday and Abby was sweet enough to sleep really well the night before and the night after my birthday. Not only that but she was an angel all day!

So, despite having a husband who has been sleeping, eating and showering at work all week during my birthday week we had a good week and felt very loved! Our house  is filled with balloons and flowers  and Abby and I have been loving it! We are really excited to get our husband and daddy back today(hopefully) and have things return to normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment